A group of ragtag ultra-Orthodox Jews who love the State of Israel, the United States, its constitution and the values they stand for...

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Our Schools, a Snapshot: Teacher Claims Trump Supporters are Racists [Video]




Having completed my masters in education, I have had my fair share of a liberal professors, and for the most part they were kind and respectful to my way of life. 

Ok, while it is true that I have had some who were over the top - which led to some interesting, yet always civil, debates - most were pretty amazing, intellectual people. 

That being said, I've always been puzzled by the progressive liberal agenda, which has mired our higher education institution, as its viewpoint is often - from my perspective counter intuitive. In any event, becasue of my experience, this teachers viewpoint comes as no shock to me. 

However, having said all that, I think that most of my professors would agree that what this teacher is doing is wrong. 
Lets face it, any intellectual being knows that it is not OK for a teacher to voice her opinion like that - for many reasons, most of which I will not list, due to the lengthy debate that would ensue. 

To start off however, I will say that from my perspective, teaching in a biased fashion is not only counter productive to the concept of education, but a real danger to democracy. 

This is because I feel that teaching is first and foremost a transference of ideas. 
However, when the educator conducts the transmission of ideas in a one dimensional framework, it is - without a doubt - withholding from the many impressionable students the ability to think for themselves and make a decision on where they stand. In other words, by taking away a students free will so to speak, a teacher is disabling their ability to develop their own opinion on the issues of the day.

As such, I personally think that public education should focus on teaching facts, that is a variety of subjects in a non political setting, with educators focusing on laying out the various ideas and concepts thus allowing their students to choose what they want to believe... 

However, an increase in the spectrum of knowledge notwithstanding, I feel that teaching in such a fashion would also keep those who fund public education - that is the tax payers, who facts are come from all sides of the political spectrum - would be happy to know that their tax dollars are being used in a fashion which is both appealing and rewarding to all students - whatever their political denomination may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment