A group of ragtag ultra-Orthodox Jews who love the State of Israel, the United States, its constitution and the values they stand for...

Thursday, August 18, 2016

What are Conservative Pundits Thinking?


The world is an odd place... The threat of radical Islam in on the raise, social norms are eroding all around me, AND Donald Trump is the republican presidential nominee. A nominee, which if I knew any better, everyone dislikes….

I am one of those young conservatives, I voted for McCain, I voted for Romney and never looked back... When it came to the media, things were no different, I remember how Sara Palin was treated like a trash and Romney was called out for his "binders full of woman"... So in this election cycle it was expected that the Republican nominee – whomever he/she would have been, less alone Trump -  that the democratic parties surrogates (the main stream media outlets) would do what they can to undermine him or her. 

Yet, this election cycle came with a twist of fate, where the republican nominee has managed to generate quite a revolt among the ranks of the republican party establishment – otherwise known as the #NeverTrumpers.

I don’t know what their issue is, I personally am not bothered by Trump. The way I see it, Trump was and will always be Trump - its like bourbon you either love it or hate it. I happen to love bourbon, and if you don't like Bourbon, that's your problem...  

Yet liking the candidates personality was not what made me vote for them, it was where they stood on the issues which were important to me... Yet apparently, I am not in good company, where the candidate stands on issues is not what is about - just ask the 60 percent of DC republicans who disprove of Trump. 

Being that I’ve been a long time reader of the weekly standard and other neo conservative publications on a regular basis, I had a feeling there was resistance to the Trump nominee prospect but not like this...

Let’s be clear about one thing, Trump is no Abraham Lincoln, nor is he the second coming of Gorge Washington, but let’s face it, to change the course of this country – that is in 2016 - we don’t a resurrection of Abe or a second coming of Gorge – we need a win for the republican nominee and the grassroots segments of our party…
And face the facts, whether you like it or not, that means we need Donald Trump to win…

But it also happens to be the Republican nominee is pretty much in line with what we need… That’s because we need is a candidate who will talk about issues that pose a true danger to this country – issues like illegal immigration, economic instability, the erosion of the African American community and the threats of radical Islam.

What we also need is a candidate who will blast the liberal media for their bias, and show the world how full of bogus their liberal agenda truly is…

So when neocons like Bret Stevens - over at WSJ - or Fred Barns and William Kristol - over at the Weekly Standard - have gone all out in their #NeverTrump crusade. I wonder to myself, the following: Do these men – whom I admired and have respected for years – have totally lost it? What can be their motivation to let the left destroy this country….

Honestly, I have no idea, it makes no sense to me, there is no moral high ground – it’s about the courts and religious freedom; it’s about our 2ND amendment rights; it’s about our foreign policies, policies which will protect the interests of our great nation and our allies; and it’s about our national security, keeping Americans safe.

Seemingly these issues are not important enough to those over in the #NeverTrump camp – Hell I wonder why…

No comments:

Post a Comment